First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego seeks Handbell Programs Director
First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego is seeking applications for the position of Handbell Programs Director. Beginning September 2017, the HPD will direct and manage our two Handbell Ensembles – rehearsing each once a week and leading an ensemble in Sunday worship once per month on average. The new HPD will join a music ministry with a long history of excellence and integration into the worship life of the congregation. The Mission of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego is to create community, to nurture spiritual growth, and to act on our values to help heal the world. . As a congregation we are committed to doing the work of racial justice and dismantling racism, both internally and externally. We strive to create opportunities for all to explore and participate in the music ministry of the congregation to the breadth of their abilities and comfort This is a part-time position (approx. 5 hours per week) from September to June with compensation of $5000 per year. The HPD will report to the Minster of Music and Worship Arts. Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please, no direct calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Title: Handbell Programs Director
Reports to: Minister of Music and Worship Arts
Effective: September 2017
Status: Part-Time (approx. 5 hrs. per week from September to June)
The Handbell Programs Director will lead and direct FUUSD’s handbell ensembles. The overall goal of employees of FUUSD is to work to achieve the FUUSD Mission, Strategic Plan, and Music Ministry Vision.
- Direct and oversee the rehearsal and performances of the Las Campanas and UUBellation ensembles
- Select and order repertoire appropriate to the skill of the players, the themes of worship, and the needs of non-worship performance/service activities.
- Co-ordinate handbell ensembles’ participation in worship with MMWA and the Staff Worship Team and inform church office of appropriate information for orders of service.
- Schedule rehearsals and other activities with appropriate office staff and ministers.
- Maintain Handbell music library and coordinate maintenance of appropriate financial records with MMWA.
- Maintain instruments in a manner that ensures their long life and use.
- Attend Staff Worship Team meetings as available, appropriate, and needed to coordinate above activities.
- Track time spent on church work to ensure clear boundaries of work and volunteer efforts. Work/effort that is understood to be beyond this job description must be coordinated with MMWA so as to ensure completion of compensated expectations.
- Meet at regularly scheduled times with supervisor to discuss goals, support needed, job performance, and other issues that arise.
- Annually identify personal professional goals and goals for the Handbell Ensembles in line with the Mission of the congregation, its Music Ministry, and the current Strategic Plan.
The HPD’s employment is governed by the FUUSD Employee Handbook. The HPD will be expected to abide by denominational and church policies as regards respectful and appropriate behavior toward all staff and congregation members. This includes, but is not limited to, the FUUSD Covenant of Good Relations and the Harassment (1.7) and Conflict of Interest/Code of Ethics (4.22) sections in the Employee Handbook.
Our church is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age, disability, citizenship status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. A more complete listing of protected class status can be found in our Employment handbook.
The Mission of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego and its Music Ministry
The Mission of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego is to create community, to nurture spiritual growth, and to act on our values to help heal the world. We know music to be a transmitter of culture and tradition, a way of knowing, a way of expressing, and a way of connecting with others and with the deeper reality of our lives. Its presence in our lives teaches us, inspires us, challenges us, and transforms our reality. Our vision of music ministry at FUUSD is to explore, collaborate, worship, and be transformed through and by the music we make individually, in groups large and small, and with the whole community. We strive to create opportunities for all to explore and participate to the breadth of their abilities and comfort.
Contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org to post your ad here.