Director as Teacher – The Next Step
Sunday, March 14, 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:30pm PT
Led by Barbara Walsh and Tessique Houston, via Zoom meeting.
$40 for non-members
$40 for all registrations received after March 7, 2021
Instructors Barbara Walsh and Tessique Houston will continue the concepts covered in Director as Teacher, and will use the same music. Subjects to be covered include Conducting Patterns & Gestures, Audiation, and Rehearsal Planning (including how to teach some bell technique and articulations). Attendance will be capped at 23, with a waiting list if needed.
Participants MUST have the following three pieces of music (please purchase whichever version, 2-3 oct. or larger, that would be most useful to you in the future):
- Despite the Storm by Cathy Moklebust, Choristers Guild CGB932 (2-3 oct. handbells with opt. Flute or Violin & opt. 2-3 oct. handchimes) or CGB933 (3-6 oct. handbells with opt. Flute or Violin & opt. 3-6 oct. handchimes), Level 3-
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee arr. by Arnold B. Sherman, Hope Publishing HP1652 (2-4 oct. handbells) or HP1851 (4-6 oct. handbells), Level 2/2+
- How Firm a Foundation arr. by Sandra Eithun, Choristers Guild CGB305 (2-3 oct. handbells) or CGB743 (3-5 oct. handbells), Level 1+
Although the following items are optional, participants will get the most from this workshop if they have the following:
1. A camera that will allow us to view you from the the waist up, seeing the full range of your arms as you conduct.
3. Bells – 4 of your choice, mallets, table/foam, chimes, and a Singing Bell Stick.
All are welcome! If you are a ringer that just wants to have better insight into what directors are thinking, please feel free to ‘audit’ the class.
Registration begins on January 8. To attend the workshop, we ask that you please complete the registration form. And then prepay the registration fee via the Donate button below – put “Directors Workshop” in the memo line.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Tessique Houston – Events Director.